- £70,000 - £85,000 Per Annum
A&F Chambers are recruiting for a Company Accountant to join our client in Basildon.
This is a superb opportunity to join a forward thinking and well-known company. We are interested in hearing from qualified candidates looking for a commercial role where you can have wide influence across the business.
Reporting into the Managing Director, you will be tasked with the daily management of the Finance and I.T team with the purpose of constantly improving the capabilities of the business to achieve innovative, accurate and timely financial processes.
Plenty of scope for progression.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare monthly management accounts, reports and board packs
- Complete monthly supplier pay run
- Prepare budgets and cash flows as required
- Oversee and supervise the finance and IT department
- Reviewing and analysing the results and forecasts of projects
- Agreeing inter-company balances at month-end
- Prepare statutory accounts for year-end audit
- Review of sales ledger to chase up bad debts
- Prepare corporation Tax returns
- To initiate and monitor all new financial initiatives and strategies
- Liaise with Purchasing team on payment terms of suppliers
- Completion of staff appraisals
- Report to directors as required
- Any other ad-hoc duties as and when required
- Must be a qualified accountant; ideally ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Experience in leading a finance team
- IT Literate with experience using an ERP system, i.e. SAP or Microsoft Dynamics
- Monday to Friday (37.5 hrs a week)
- Full time, permanent role
- Full job description to be disclosed upon successful application
- Free parking
- Car allowance