- £75,000 - £90,000 Per Annum
I have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Financial Director to lead a growing team based in Chelmsford on a permanent basis. The ideal candidate will have a very rounded remit and must have the ability to make sure the finance function is running efficiently whilst offering sound commercial advice to the Chief Executive and the board.
- An exciting opportunity to really make this role your own and join a growing organisation with a great working environment at the highest level.
- Management and responsible for all financial and management aspects of the team
- Ensuring that all statutory and other accounting and regulatory requirements appropriate to the legal obligations of financial probity and reporting (HMRC & companies house) , Health and Safety and GDPR are met
- Commercial Business Partner to CFO
- Provide leadership and coordination in the strategic direction, business planning, accounting, control and budgeting efforts of the business and the reporting of results.
- Responsible for Tax, Treasury, Consolidations, working with Auditors and shareholders.
- Responsibility for direct finance team.
- To contribute to the overall work of the organisation as a member of the Senior Leadership Team
The Successful Applicant
- The Ideal Candidate will need to meet the following requirements:-
- (Fully qualified) ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
- Proven experience both operationally and from an audit standpoint, of monthly and year end accounting processes and statutory returns
- Knowledge of Company Secretary role, Charity SORP & VAT partial exemption.
- Proficient in the use of IT including MS Office with the ability to produce clear reports.
- Knowledge of SAGE.
- Previous experience of a leading broad corporate services function that demonstrates proven skill at leading people and systems focussed service delivery
- Ability to work professionally and courteously with a diverse range of customers both internal and external to include staff, service users and external agencies.
- Create work environment that encourages others to do their best.
- Ability to provide a high level of both verbal and written communication including analytical presentation for Trustees, Chief Executive and senior Leadership team and external stakeholders.
- Ability to translate legislative and business challenges into clear objectives, convey clear expectations for assignments; lead delivery, measurement and audit development plans to demonstrate delivery.
- Knows how to find and use other sources of expertise / knowledge / information.
- Capable of effectively developing and leading annual budgeting and periodic forecasting in line with the Business Plan.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing strategic plans to ensure risk is managed and ensure the organisation is provided with effective and efficient corporate support systems to facilitate high performance.
- Monday – Friday 9AM – 5pm with 1 hour for lunch.
- Salary flexible dependant on experience – starting at £75,000.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays.
- Free parking.
For further information on this exciting opportunity, please apply direct or contact Isabella Lister at A&F Chambers