Through a newly created role, A&F Chambers are currently under instruction on behalf of a business in Stevenage who have grown exponentially since its inception. They now seek an experienced Finance Manager to join them on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Managing Director and the external Accountant / Auditor, you will be responsible for the day to day financial tasks of the business.
The successful candidate will have excellent accountancy skills, be able to work to defined deadlines and be able to communicate financial data clearly.
Plenty of opportunity to assist with streamlining processes so would suit a solution orientated individual.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Management of income and expenditure
- To supervise and analyse financial results and ensure a healthy cashflow
- Responsible for the credit management, credit limits, debtor management and recovery
- Review & monitor purchase ledger, subcontractor, VAT, tax and other payments
- Purchasing overview, capital expenditure and monitoring
- Preparation for board meetings, quarterly management accounts, annual accounts and audit.
- Presenting financial information / reports to the senior leadership team
- Communicate regularly with external accountants on all the above
- Continuous development of coding structures
- Collecting, interpreting and reviewing financial information
- PAYE, National insurance and VAT calculations – preparing VAT returns
- Use of SAGE 1 and MS packages including Excel
- Ability to report by default
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation ensuring compliance
- Ideally, you will have some form of accounting qualification however QBE considered.
- Experience of financial management within an SME business.
- Ability to produce / advise / present financial information clearly.
- Analytical mind and good commercial awareness with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced, expanding business.
- Monday – Friday (core hours 9AM – 3PM).
- Full time or part time available.
- Salary flexible depending on experience.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays.
- Parking available.