- £20,000 - £25,000 Per Annum
The Payroll Administrator will be a key part of the busy payroll team and reports directly to the Payroll Manager. Working closing with the team, the Payroll Administrator is responsible for managing and operating the payroll system with the greatest level of accuracy and efficiency.
This is a role that deals with confidential material daily and therefore, tact, diplomacy and absolute discretion are key requirements for this role.
The post holder will be numeracy literate. Outstanding communication skills and high-level IT skills are a prerequisite, as well as being a self-starter. As we are a Chartered Accountancy Practice experience of client bureau or practice would be highly advantageous.
- Managing a portfolio consisting of weekly, fortnightly, monthly and annual payrolls.
- Processing the SSP, SMP, SPP, and NI.
- RTI Processing and CIS returns.
- End of year compliance (P35s/P60s etc.) and on-going compliance (P45s etc.)
- Setting up the auto-enrolment through various pension providers and administer the pension scheme accordingly.
- Calculate sick pay, over time and holiday pay.
- Calculation of tax and NIC Contributions.
- File all payroll related matters.
- Dealing effectively with client queries.
- Liaising with HMRC.
- Other Ad-Hoc Duties.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Payroll.
- Have experience of end-to-end payroll processing.
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Have a good working knowledge of Auto-Enrolment
- Work effectively on own initiative or as a part of a team.
- Experience with CIS would be desirable.
- Have strong IT skills. (Intermediate Excel Essential)