- £23,000 - £27,000 Per Annum
The Payroll Clerk will be a key part of the busy payroll team and reports directly to the Payroll Manager. Working closing with the team, the Payroll Clerk is responsible for managing and operating the payroll system with the greatest level of accuracy and efficiency.
This is a role that deals with confidential material daily and therefore, tact, diplomacy and absolute discretion are key requirements for this role.
The post holder will be numeracy literate. Outstanding communication skills and high-level IT skills are a prerequisite, as well as being a self-starter.
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analysing information.
- Maintain payroll operations by following company procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- File all payroll related matters.
- Dealing effectively with client queries.
- Liaising with HMRC.
- Other Ad-Hoc Duties.
- At least 1 year experience in Payroll.
- Have experience of end-to-end payroll processing.
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Have a good working knowledge of Auto-Enrolment
- Work effectively on own initiative or as a part of a team.
- Experience with CIS would be desirable.
- Have strong IT skills. (Intermediate Excel Essential)