- £35,000 - £45,200 Per Annum
The Payroll Manager will be the main point of contact for the busy payroll team and reports directly to the Finance Director. Leading the team, the Payroll Manager is responsible for managing and operating the payroll system with the greatest level of accuracy and efficiency.
This is a role that deals with confidential material daily and therefore, tact, diplomacy and absolute discretion are key requirements for this role.
The post holder will be numeracy literate. Outstanding communication skills and high-level IT skills are a prerequisite, as well as being a self-starter.
- Provide technical payroll expertise and thought leadership.
- Deliver best practice within Payroll.
- Ensure business-wide application and compliance of all financial and audit controls within Payroll.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the payrolls.
- Manage train and develop the team.
- Responsible for leading a team of administrators in the day to day running of monthly payrolls ensuring accuracy and timeliness are of paramount importance.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and contractual obligations.
- Ensuring that pay runs and BACS payments are completed accurately and on time.
- Managing delivery in line with payroll schedule.
- Ensuring compliance with controls framework.
- Liaison with clients on all payroll service.
- Managing all payroll enquiries from clients and employees to satisfactory resolution.
- Liaison with HMRC; pension providers and other third parties.
- Maintaining knowledge of current and new legislation impacting payroll and ensuring this knowledge is shared with team and communicated with clients where appropriate.
- Identifying improvements in payroll processes and systems.
- Lead a culture of continuous improvement.
- Manage payroll team in line with company performance management policies.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of all staff under your span of control through the management of effective resource planning.
- Considerable payroll experience managing multiple payrolls in an outsourced environment.
- Extensive best practice customer service and delivering high quality results.
- A proven track record of developing strong relationships with key stakeholders at all levels in an outsourced environment.
- Demonstrable experience of managing developing a team.
- Have strong IT skills. (Intermediate Excel Essential)